RECRUITMENT UNIT FOR SELECTION AND HIRING (RUSH)
1831 W. JEFFERSON AVE
PHOENIX, AZ 85007
POSITION #: ADC00H791AAN
We are seeking an experienced Personnel Technician to provide support to the Recruitment Unit for Selection and Hiring (RUSH).
Duties will include:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Assisting applicants with obtaining necessary documentation.
- Interacting with applicants by phone, in-person and by writing.
- Scheduling appointments and working with vendors to facilitate processes.
- Responding to inquiries relating to various applicant questions or concerns.
- Composing correspondence on a wide variety of subjects.
- Maintaining logs and documenting actions.
- Entering data into the RUSH System.
- Preparing and submitting reports.
- Auditing incoming applications and files for accuracy.
- Monitoring and tracking returned Background Questionnaires.
- Researching and completing special projects/assignments and performing other duties appropriate to the assignment.
KNOWLEDGE: Of office equipment and personal computer software applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) sufficient to perform daily tasks; and Business English, to include proper formats, grammar and spelling.
SKILL: In organization and time management; interpersonal relationships; and oral and written communications.
ABILITY: To analyze and establish priorities; interpret and apply department policies and procedures; meet deadlines; handle detailed work with accuracy and speed; audit files for compliance; research; and develop effective operating procedures.
SELECTIVE PREFERENCE: The ideal candidate must be able to multi-task with the ability to work in a fast pace environment and performing customer service duties.
SPECIAL SELECTION FACTOR(S): Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver's license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver's license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.).
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is contingent on the selected applicant passing a background investigation.
RETIREMENT: Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
BENEFITS:* Comprehensive benefits package includes 12 days sick leave, 12 days vacation, and 10 holidays per year; health and dental insurance; retirement plan; life insurance; and long-term disability insurance. Optional employee benefits include short-term disability, deferred compensation, and supplemental life insurance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting the Employment Unit Manager at (602) 771-2100. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
- Elective benefits for new employees will be subject to a 90 day waiting period.
AGENCY JOB BOARD ID: ADC
State of Arizona - 16 months ago