About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. With locations in Phoenix, Mesa and Sun City, Ariz. and Greeley, Colo., we offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you’ll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position provides a variety of support services to the Central Services billing, collections and payor unit teams. Responsible for accurate completion of tasks that expedite the billing process and improve customer service. Identifies and distributes all incoming billing claims and attachments to the appropriate unit teams. Obtains and distributes information requested by the payor for reimbursement, such as medical records, Explanation of Benefits and pre-authorization documents. Retrieves payment and transfer documents posted through the Cash Posting Department, sorts and distributes reports and correspondence.
- As assigned, evaluates, sorts, matches and distributes all billing statements and other attachments to the appropriate payor unit in a timely manner. Uses critical thinking and communication skills to resolve exceptions and missing statement or attachment issues with operations staff prior to distribution of billing.
- As assigned, updates Patient Accounting system with appropriate notations to reflect the activities performed: Mail Outs, Faxes, Patient Statements, Medical Records, etc.
- As assigned, sorts and distributes reports and correspondence to the appropriate payor units. Performs all mail out functions for both primary and secondary paper claims on a daily basis.
- Obtains, maintains, and distributes information requested by the payors to process claims for reimbursement.
- As assigned, retrieves all requested payment and transfer documents posted through Cash posting Department in a timely manner.
- Creates spreadsheets and reports from databases to provide statistical data as requested.
- As assigned, delivers mail and interoffice supply shipments.
Requires the knowledge and abilities normally evidenced by a high school degree or equivalent. Two or more years of business office work experience. Excellent organization, customer services and critical thinking skills, as well as excellent communication and human relation skills are required. Must have basic knowledge of Patient Accounting Terminology, general insurance laws and guidelines, insurance coverage types, and hospital billing procedures. Accurate keyboarding and ten key data entry skills are required. Must be able to effectively use all common office software applications, spreadsheets, databases and word processing. Requires verbal and written communicate skills with the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with the public.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Banner Health - 10 months ago
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.