About East Morgan County Hospital
Located in the northeast Colorado community of Brush, East Morgan County Hospital is licensed by the state and certified by Medicare as a 25-bed critical-access hospital as well as a designated Level IV trauma center. The hospital features a newly remodeled 24-hour emergency department with three trauma bays, one surgery suite, one recovery room, one endoscopy room, and one outpatient surgery suite. Our commitment to innovation includes our Picture Archive Communications System, a filmless radiology system that is among the newest technological advances available. As one of the area’s largest employers, East Morgan County Hospital can offer you an exceptional opportunity to provide compassionate, innovative care to this unique rural community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media and is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health and recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
This position is responsible for the management and daily operation of designated registration areas. Through the effective management of the patient financial services staff, provides high quality services in patient registration, notification to third party payors, insurance verification, up-front collection, financial counseling and cashiering. Provides service excellence at each stage of the registration process, to patients, their families and medical service providers.
- Selects, trains, coaches, motivates, conducts performance evaluations, and directs the workflow for the Patient Financial Services staff. Develops goals and performance expectations for staff. Establishes work procedures and directs the daily work of staff. Ensures timely and accurate patient registrations by monitoring and developing the subordinate staff to provide the highest level of service and performance.
- Provides information on patient registration and scheduling to all concerned departments. Maintains ongoing positive communications with patients, staff, physicians and other third parties to provide information or resolve issues.
- Maximizes cash flow by maintaining and monitoring the protocols and activities associated with the financial management of the patient account, including up-front cash collections.
- Develops, maintains and adheres to the annual departmental budget. Prepares departmental schedule to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times while remaining within budget guidelines.
- Provides effective leadership and coaching to enable registration team members to meet designated quality and productivity goals. Ensures maximum employee and departmental performance by conducting ongoing analysis of department and employee productivity, using available statistical standards and providing appropriate training and developmental opportunities.
- Proactively engages in process improvement. Identifies needs, updates and improves work processes and methods. Provides opportunities for strategic departmental improvements and communicates suggestions appropriately.
Must possess a strong knowledge of healthcare business operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
Two or more years of supervisory experience coupled with extensive hospital registration experience, and demonstrated leadership skills. Requires advanced mathematical skills. Must have a thorough knowledge of managed care contracts, other third party payors, AHCCCS if applicable, and Medicare, along with knowledge of medical terminology.
Requires the ability to make independent, on the spot decisions, to resolve problems as they arise and to anticipate and prevent future problems. Requires the ability to manage both supervisory and customer service staff multiple staff members and multiple levels of staff members having different supervisory responsibilities, the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and to effectively use common office software. Must have effective human relations and interpersonal skills.
Strong abilities in patient financial services database use and reporting.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
East Morgan County Hospital is a community-owned, Level IV Trauma, Critical Access Hospital that provides approximately $16 million in...