Hannaford has several openings throughout the state of Maine for STAFF PHARMACISTS AND REGIONAL SUPPORT PHARMACISTS.
*Southern Maine (York to Scarborough Area)
*Southern Maine (Greater Portland Area)
*Central Maine (Auburn, Turner Area)
*Coastal Maine (Rockland, Belfast Area)
*Northern Maine (Greater Bangor Area, Old Town)
*Northern / Downeast Maine (Ellsworth Area)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Process prescriptions accurately and supervise others in the process in accordance with current laws, ethics and Company policies.
2. Provide outstanding customer service and patient counseling in the areas of prescription and OTC medications, durable medical equipment and other evolving health care needs.
3. Act as a liaison between the store and healthcare professionals, patients and law enforcement.
4. Comply with all state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Adhere to established Company standards of practice
5. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of patient and company information.
6. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Promote and participate in initiatives to grow the pharmacy business as required.
Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required Current license in good standing in the state(s) in which to practice. Current and active immunizing pharmacist certification Complete knowledge of state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Desire to be a motivated caring professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health care professionals, and the community at large. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment, including nights, weekends and holidays. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Authorization to fill Medicare and Medicaid prescriptions.
1. Partner with Store Managers and other associates.
2. Responsible for professional and business operations within the pharmacy department.
3. Identify store level sales and marketing opportunities in conjunction with the Store Manager.
4. Supervise the performance of duties and responsibilities of all pharmacy associates.
5. Ensure adequate staffing and training of pharmacy personnel.
6. Observe and adhere to all Company policies and the Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual.
7. Perform immunizations according to Company’s Standard Practice and expectations
8. Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times to comply with Company
personal appearance policy.
9. Maintain solid communication within the department and throughout the organization.
10. Work within our Company’s management planning (MPP) guidelines to maintain
11. Support Company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or
maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
Hannaford - 18 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...