Bachelor of Science
Professional License Required
Position Title: Registered Pharmacist
Under the general direction of the Director of Pharmacy Services, the Registered Pharmacist provides indirect patient care. The Registered Pharmacist works with nurses, peers, physicians and other members of the healthcare team in the delivery of pharmaceutical services to patients. The Registered Pharmacist reviews the patient’s medication orders against the patient’s medication profile in accordance with hospital and pharmacy philosophy, policies and procedures and standards. The Registered Pharmacist demonstrates leadership/management
skills and a commitment to customer service, professional accountability and growth.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- Utilizes all aspects of the Pharmacy process to meet the age specific needs of the patient in medication education, safety and patient rights into work practice.
- Utilizes and monitors methods of Infection Control, participates in the PI and Risk Management programs, demonstrates competency by completing all established standards.
- Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition, data collection, priority setting, resource utilization, and offering of suggestions through collaboration with the health care team.
- Productive through punctuality, observing time limits on breaks, using periods of low activity to the Pharmacy/ patient benefit, effective time management, consistent level of performance that ensures social/ personal activities do not interfere with work.
- Shows interest and commitment through attendance at in-services, participation in projects/ PI, maturation towards own self development, maintains current required license requirements.
- Assumes accountability for completion of competency standards and accepts constructive criticism and follows through to implement corrective measures.
- Is cooperative and professional though response to change, assistance to peers and effective communication among the health care team.
- Flexible in staffing and adjustment to assignments.
- Maintains a positive attitude with positive responses requiring conflict resolution.
- Practices cost containment measures.
- Adheres to all WPHC policies and procedures, dress code, code of conduct, customer service and meets all mandatory in-services and standard for attendance.
- Assumes Pharmacist On Call responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
§ Graduate from an accredited school of Pharmacy with minimum of a BS in Pharmacy.
§ Current New York registration.
Successful completion of Hospital and Departmental Orientation Program, according to hospital and Pharmacy policy and procedure.
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...