Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UWMC is looking for an outstanding Full-Time PHARMACY ASSISTANT to join our Inpatient Pharmacy team . Under direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist, the Pharmacy Assistant will perform technical and/or specialized pharmaceutical activities in the UWMC Inpatient Pharmacy, including:
- Pharmacy Assistant will prepare medications for dispensing including prepackaging, counting, pouring, labeling and delivering medications.
- Inventory and re-stock designated areas of the pharmacy.
- Inventory, order and/or re-order medications in designated areas of the pharmacy.
- Perform basic computer functions for medication preparation; charge/credit, label generation, admission/discharge/transfer activity updates in Pharmacy computer systems.
- Perform related duties as required.
UWMC offers a progressive work environment, excellent benefits, a competitive salary with shift differentials and easy access to Metro/Community Transit bus routes. This position provides opportunities to work in a fast-paced, challenging, diverse and rewarding environment. As an employee you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position, click here.
High School graduation or GED Certificate or equivalent education/experience.
Legal Requirement :
Pharmacy Assistant registration with State of Washington (Dept. of Health)
Condition of Employment:
Perform related duties as required on variable work shifts, including evenings and weekends.