The Pharmacy Assistant performs non-patient care functions under the direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist. Duties include but are not limited to: filling patient medication cassettes, preparation of IV solutions, filling the Pyxis MedStations, delivering to nursing units, filling floor stock orders and performing various computer functions relating to billing, printing labels and reports.
· Performs tasks according to policy and procedure.
· Integrates customer service into work practice.
· Utilizes current methods of infection control.
· Participates in Performance Improvement Initiatives.
· Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to pharmacy work flow issues.
· Collaborates and communicates with the health care team.
· Completes competency requirements.
· Attends mandatory in-services.
· Attends staff meetings as required/ requested.
· Utilizes cost containment practices.
· Adheres to all WPHC policies and procedures including dress code, code of conduct, customer service attendance and submission of annual physical.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
High school diploma/equivalency
Certified Pharmacy Technician certificate or the ability to successfully take and pass the examination within the first year of employment
Maintain the continuing education requirements established by the certifying board
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...