Pharmacy Manager at the City Market pharmacy in Rifle, Colorado. As the Pharmacy Manager, you will be expected to provide outstanding customer service which will include assisting our patients in proper selection of OTC items as well as accurately dispensing of prescription medications and providing counseling and answering any questions the patient may have. Supervision of day to day pharmacy operations and supervising the pharmacy staff is also the responsibility of the Pharmacy Manager. Physician interaction on behalf of the patient is also necessary.
All applicants are required to be licensed to practice pharmacy in Colorado and be in good standing with the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy.
- Processes the necessary interpersonal skills required to interact with patients, coworkers and other health professionals.
- Receives verbal Rx orders and accurately reduces same to writing in adherence with State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Evaluate appropriateness of prescription orders with consideration for patient safety and legal requirements.
- Consults with prescribes as necessary
- Maintains accurate records, properly receives Rx information from customer, properly and accurately delivers Rx to customers, assists with over the counter questions and selection.
- Demonstrates ability to accurately and efficiently utilize pharmacy computer system.
- Is both familiar with and compliant with all record keeping requirements for controlled substances.
- Supervises and directs activities of department personnel to ensure quality customer service.
- Delegates job assignments and responsibilities to employees
- Writes department schedules
- Completes third party reporting as well as any additional financial reporting required.
- Communicates verbally on the telephone and public address system.
- Controls and monitors inventory of both drugs and supplies while monitoring expiration dates of all drug products.
- Implements all company programs as directed and communicates purpose, objectives, and procedures to team members.
- Implements action plans to achieve desired results.
Some of the Competencies/Skills required to successfully perform this position are:
- Building Strategic Working Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Building Trust - Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Communication - Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Customer Focus - Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Inclusion – Appreciating and leveraging the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all individuals. Working effectively with individuals of diverse style, ability, and motivation for a direct effect on business results.
- Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
- Aligning Performance for Success - Focusing and guiding others in accomplishing work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact.
- Composure - Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Delegating Responsibility - Allocating decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization's and individuals' effectiveness.
- Developing Others - Planning and supporting the development of individuals' skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future job/role responsibilities more effectively.
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Change - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work
environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Results Oriented – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment: using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment: tenaciously working to meet or exceed those goals while deriving satisfaction from the process of goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills – Achieving a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position and/or related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensures associates and location comply with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
We offer a competitive wage package.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including a comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan as well as a 401(k) plan to help you prepare for your future. Benefit eligibility is dependent upon location and length of service. In addition we offer credit union membership, an employee stock purchase plan and educational assistance.
All positions require excellent customer service skills and ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY :
You must complete each step of the application process in order to be considered for an interview:
1. Candidates must complete either:
2. Attach a detailed resume outlining experience
- Management Interest Form (King Soopers/City Market division associates)
- Job Posting Acknowledgement Form (Other Kroger division associates)
3. Send all of the above to King Soopers/City Market Office – Attention Claudia Smith
King Soopers/City Market Management Interest & Response Forms can be obtained through your store administrative assistant or by going to either SooperNet or CityWeb (HR [top] and then HR Forms [left hand side] Management Promotional Forms).
POSTING DATES: Until Filled
CAREER HUB: grocerycoloradojobs.com
TEXT ALERTS: Text KINGCITY to 447363