1. Process prescriptions accurately or supervise others in the process in accordance with current laws, ethical standards and Company policies.
2. Provide outstanding customer service and patient counseling in the areas of prescription and OTC medications, durable medical equipment and other evolving health care needs.
3. Act as a liaison between the store and healthcare professionals, patients and law enforcement.
4. Comply with state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Adhere to established Company standards of practice.
5. Maintain and ensure confidentiality of patient and company information.
6. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
7. Promote and participate in initiatives to grow the pharmacy business as required.
Degree from an accredited school of pharmacy. Successful completion of criminal background check and drug testing as required Current license in good standing in the state(s) in which to practice. Current and active immunizing pharmacist certification Complete knowledge of state and Federal laws pertaining to pharmacy practices. Desire to be a motivated caring professional with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates, other health care professionals, and the community at large. Willingness to work a flexible schedule consistent with a stimulating retail environment, including nights, weekends and holidays. Ability to handle multiple priorities and provide direction to associates. High levels of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality. Authorization to fill Medicare and Medicaid prescriptions.
1. Serve as the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) or Supervising Pharmacist (SP) as required. Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance with Federal and state pharmacy laws and regulations.
2. Responsible for financial performance of the department including, but not limited to, sales growth, maximizing gross margins and productivity, controlling inventory, payroll and expenses.
3. Understanding of and compliance with Pharmacy Standard Practice Manual. Communicate standards to other department personnel as needed
4. Oversee the daily office operations of the pharmacy department
5. Promote and participate in growing the pharmacy business through Company initiatives and the building of relationships within the community.
6. Perform immunizations according to Company’s Standard Practice and expectations
7. Ensure that all pharmacy department personnel provide outstanding customer service.
8. Responsible for development, training and management of staff pharmacists, and assist in the interviewing of potential hires.
9. Hire, train, and develop pharmacy technicians and support staff.
10. Work with the designated in-store trainer and pharmacy training specialist to ensure
proper and efficient training of all pharmacy personnel.
11. Manage performance and documentation of all department personnel through annual
performance assessments and ongoing coaching and disciplinary efforts.
12. Exercise good judgment in the delegation, assignment and follow-up required for the
efficient performance of the department. Coordinate scheduling of technicians -
including assigned positions and fixed activities.
13. Maintain a broad understanding of MPP scheduling system.
14. Coordinate weekly scheduling needs for the pharmacists - vacation coverage etc.
15. Adhere to Company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs of
maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
16. Develop and maintain a professional and cooperative working relationship with the
Store Manager, Pharmacy Operations Manager, and local health care providers.
17. Attend weekly department manager meetings as assigned. Share applicable
information with pharmacy staff.
18. Maintain communications to the pharmacy staff from outside sources.
19. Foster a positive and enthusiastic environment to retain associates and customers.
20. Maintain confidentiality of customer and Company information.
21. Role model and provide recognition of our key behaviors; Be There, Make It Easy, Add
Something to Their Day and Be the Difference.
22. Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without
23. Complete special projects as assigned.
24. Ensure completion of “My Tasks” daily or as necessary
25. Review and respond to emails daily.
Hannaford - 12 months ago
Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an upscale...