Work among the best. As integral members of the hospital's multidisciplinary team, the Pharmacy staff continually improves its practices to keep the hospital at the forefront of medication care. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Operations Manager.
* Leads the unit/team and supports ongoing development of pharmacy staff.
* Works effectively with others on the management team to accomplish organizational goals and identify/resolve problems at the department level.
* Administers, directs, and allocates all organizational resources.
* Ensures budget goals are met and conducts pharmaceutical procurement and resources with economic and clinical consideration.
* Monitors department productivity and prepares reports as required.* Participates in hospital committees and interdisciplinary efforts to enhance medication use, cost, quality, and service initiatives to improve patient care.
* Communicates critical information and needs to direct reports and supervisor.
* Assures compliance with all applicable local, state, federal regulations and JCAHO standards relative to pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical care.
* Bachelor's or PharmD degree in Pharmacy. Master's degree in Pharmacy Administration, Health Administration or Business Administration preferred.
* Licensed to practice pharmacy in Kansas within 4 months of employment.
* 5 years of experience in an institutional pharmacy management position OR completion of a 2 year MS plus Pharmacy residency OR Pharmacy Practice Residency and Pharmacy Administrative Residency.
* Experience in the provision of formal education and/or a preceptor for pharmacy students and/or residents.
* Excellent communication and computer skills.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 2 years ago