Work among the best. As integral members of the hospital's multidisciplinary team, the Pharmacy staff continually improves its practices to keep the hospital at the forefront of medication care. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Technician I.
If the Pharmacy Technician is working in the inpatient pharmacy area, the individual will perform the above duties as well as those listed below.
- Assist in accurate prescription filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of prescriptions.
- Operate computer systems to accurately input prescriptions and obtain necessary patient information.
- Uses a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with customers.
- Assist in ordering and maintaining of pharmacy inventory and record keeping in accordance with the state and federal law.
- Prepare medications using appropriate techniques and equipment.
- Assure timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items to nursing units and other hospital departments.
If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete an assessment on solving math problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Kansas Board of Pharmacy registration required.
- 1 year experience as a Pharmacy Technician is desirable.
- PTCB pharmacy tech certification is a plus.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 19 months ago