Work among the best. As integral members of the hospital's multidisciplinary team, the Pharmacy staff continually improves its practices to keep the hospital at the forefront of medication care. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Pharmacy Technician II.
*Assists in accurate prescription filling, compounding and record keeping to assure timely delivery of prescriptions or medications.
*Operates computer systems to accurately input prescriptions and obtain necessary patient information.
*Uses a courteous and professional customer-focused approach while interacting directly or on the telephone with customers.
*Assists in ordering and maintaining of pharmacy inventory and record keeping in accordance with the state and federal law.
If the Pharmacy Technician is working in the inpatient pharmacy area, the individual will perform the above duties as well as those listed below.
* Prepares medications using appropriate techniques and equipment.
* Assures timely distribution of prescribed medications and stock items to nursing units and other hospital departments.
* High school diploma or GED
* 2 years experience as a pharmacy technician in an acute care hospital pharmacy
* PTCB pharmacy technician certification
The University of Kansas Hospital - 15 months ago