1. Knows and uses established phlebotomy systems, procedures, and techniques.
2. Performs high quality routine and advanced venipuncture and other specimen collection procedures.
3. Performs duties in a timely, accurate, and professional manner, according to department standards.
4. Performs select laboratory bedside (point-of-care) testing.
5. Maintains open and accurate communications pertaining to laboratory services with healthcare providers and patients.
1. Performs routine and advanced venipuncture and/or capillary puncture with minimum trauma to patient and urine collections according to department standards, in a variety of locations.
2. Process specimens as they become available.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. One (1) year previous phlebotomy experience or completion of phlebotomy training program preferred.
3. Experience with Meditech or other LIS preferred.