Work among the best. Be part of the interdisciplinary team that is the hallmark of an academic medical center. The Department of Clinical Laboratory is a full-service laboratory operating 24 hours a day. The staff performs millions of procedures annually, using some of the most cutting-edge technology and techniques available. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Phlebotomist.
* Assesses patient's condition and obtains required specimens while keeping the patient's best interest as a primary concern.
* Provides patient and/or care provider with accurate instructions and necessary materials (if required) for specimen collection.
* Ensures all requirements for specimen integrity have been met.
* Prepares, labels, and stores reagents, specimen collection material, and patient specimens for analysis.
* Calibrates, maintains and operates instruments keeping appropriate documentation.
* Performs data entry in hospital and laboratory information systems following department and compliance requirements.
* Verifies accuracy and transcription of final report.
* Disposes of bio-hazardous and other potentially hazardous materials according to safety and infection control procedures.
* High school diploma or GED
* 2 years of experience in clinical laboratory specimen collection and processing with a high level of adult and pediatric phlebotomy.
* Excellent data entry skills.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard