Obtaining blood specimens (where applicable to a specific position) from patients for laboratory analysis, observing protocols and methods established by the Department of Laboratories, including the accessioning routine for proper identification and processing of such specimens. Performs other duties as assigned.
See below. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Demonstrate knowledge of department and hospital policies and procedures and there execution
2. Attend staff meetings and in-services
3. Complete competency requirements
4. Demonstrate ability to maintain a safe environment and use universal precaution
5. Ability to obtain blood specimens using varied technique on all age groups
6. Proficient in the use of the laboratory information system and hospital information system (where applicable)
7. Maintain supplies in a neat and orderly manner
8. Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
9. Make appropriate decisions independently
10. Prioritize workload
11. Inform management of problems
12. Maintain confidentiality of patient data
13. Cross training in ATC, MLW, Phlebotomy/Accessioning, Blood Donors (Where Applicable)
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements:
Education: High School graduate or GED. Basic computer skills. In-service training on LIS and HIS computer systems
Licensure: Phlebotomy Certification preferred when applicable to a specific position.
Experience: Previous phlebotomy experience when applicable. Previous experience in a
White Plains Hospital - 22 months ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...