Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for a more rapid response
Are you interested in being an integral part of a small development team? Are you an excellent communicator? If so, we invite you to join our growing team of talented technology professionals. As a PHP Developer, you will maintain and improve our current systems with a special focus on our Public API written in PHP, MongoDB, and MySQL as well as architect, develop, test, implement and sustain next generation, highly data driven, secure and scalable open source applications. The ideal candidate will be a team player skilled in matching strategic direction with rock solid code and functionality.
We promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results, and embraces change. Our smart, intensely-driven team members are challenged to reach higher, while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We believe in doing things right and having fun along the way. If you share our passion for innovation and the opportunity to navigate uncharted waters, and wish to have the chance to have an immediate impact working with a highly motivated group of people who love what they do, we want to hear from you.
- Develop and maintain Public API and e-commerce applications for reliability, security, manageability, scalability, and performance; provide technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, and implementation
- Write complex SQL and NoSQL queries to retrieve and manipulate datasets
- Provide technical resolutions for e-commerce store and order fulfillment system issues
- Effectively and efficiently interact with team members and third party vendor technical personnel
- Estimate project schedules accurately and consistently
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends
How to Apply:
This job is a full-time position with benefits and competitive compensation located at our office in New York, NY. Only local candidates will be considered.
1. Create a cover letter telling us a little about your background and explaining why this position is a good fit for you.
2. Create a resume that shows off your work history and skills.
3. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- 1-3 years of experience working in a popular PHP Web Framework (CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Symfony, etc.)
- Ability to write original code, modify existing code, debug problems and integrate the work of other programmers
- Basic Linux command line familiarity
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Must feel comfortable in a team-based, entrepreneurial, and hard-working culture
- Must have a self-starting personality who is unafraid to display initiative and innovation
- Experience working with e-commerce shopping carts is a plus
- Experience with MongoDB, Doctrine 2.0, Symfony 2.0 are a plus
- BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred, but not required
- Ability to laugh at inside jokes you have no idea about
"One of Crain's 50 best places to work in NYC "
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org