University of California Office of the President
PHP Web Application Developer
University of California, Office of the President
Salary: $66,900 - $143,100
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20120630
Closing Date: 12/10/2012
The incumbent in this position will collaborate with customers in UCOP departments (and campuses when appropriate) to develop requirements, design, program and implement new dynamic web sites, including the redesign of existing web sites. As lead programmer on projects, the incumbent will develop project and implementation plans, estimate development costs, recommend database design, and provide maintenance support for all applications to which he/she has been assigned. Incumbent will also provide technical support to customers of the central IT web server environment, including the analysis and resolution of issues related to web site hosting. Incumbent will consult with colleagues within the unit and department on IT infrastructure upgrades and platform directions to coordinate development efforts.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- A BA/BS in Computer Science and 5-7 years experience in developing, implementing and supporting complex web based applications and web sites, or equivalent combination.
- Excellent oral communication skills which demonstrate the ability to effectively gather and communicate information from clients in order to determine technical needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise and logically written communications such as systems documentation, requirements definitions, and user manuals.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize assignments as well as to work as a team member and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple development projects concurrently.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse/trackball for extensive periods of time and make onsite visits to customer's offices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of W3C and Section 508 Web Accessibility standards
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the UCOP’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu/
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency