Richmond Vermont-based company, seeking an experienced and ambitious Web Application Developer with LAMP and Ruby on Rails experience. We are a small growing online publishing company with a fun and motivated staff of professionals.
Responsibilities include roughly equal amounts of new feature development, quality assurance, configuration management, and production site administration. Our needs are varied, so there will be flexibility to suit daily tasks to the strengths and interests of the developer.
- Regular interaction with non-technical staff and project stakeholders
- Quality assurance and security testing
- Assist marketing team with implementation of HTML designs
- WordPress administration and template design
- WordPress plugin development, both for staff and end-users
- Requirements gathering and prototyping
- Maintenance and development of our CodeIgniter application
- Designing reports for business stakeholders
- Ruby on Rails administration, application maintenance and bug fixes
- Self-starter with outstanding organization
- Demonstrated experience with PHP5 (and Ruby on Rails)
- Cross-browser xHTML/CSS skills
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Command-line scripting (BASH, PHP, SQL)
- Advanced Apache configuration
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- WordPress administration and development
- PHP MVC frameworks (esp. CodeIgniter)
- git and Github
- Performance monitoring (New Relic a plus)
- Report development
- Ruby on Rails administration
This is a full time salaried position based in our Richmond, Vermont office. This position provides benefits including universal leave, health insurance, dental insurance, 401(k), cash bonuses, profit sharing, a monthly wellness stipend, and you’ll even get to take your birthday as a paid holiday!
Are you excited about this opportunity? Do you have a passion for web application development? Please email us a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
About Wyatt Investment Research
Wyatt Investment Research was founded in 2001 and is an online publisher of financial content for individual investors. We sell subscriptions to our newsletter publications and also sell online advertising. Wyatt Investment Research is a small and growing investment-publishing company looking for employees with the drive and enthusiasm required to play an instrumental role in the exciting online content business. For more information on Wyatt Investment Research, visit www.wyattresearch.com .
Wyatt Investment Research - 7 months ago
Wyatt Investment Research was founded in 2001 as an independent publisher of investment newsletters. Our products and advisory services are...