PHP Web Developer
If you are a talented and enthusiastic PHP Developer who’s an expert in OO design patterns then our client is the company for you. Our ideal candidate is a software engineer who is passionate about software development, thrives in innovation and is focused on efficiency as well as quality. This is a 6 month contract to hire. Beautiful campus in Midtown, very accessible to train stops. These are high volume, very public facing, very cool websites that will look great on your resume. Fortune 100 client.
You will also be given the opportunity to learn the Drupal CMS and develop themes and modules in Drupal.
You will be part of a team that is very visible and is highly valued throughout the organization. You will contribute to the design and implementation of very high volume, very public, very cool websites. This will include but not limited to building the data access layer, writing APIs, developing modules to provide essential services such as implementing core methodology.
PHP Developers are expected to work independently but also in collaboration with Web Producers and Technical Managers to innovate and create web applications. We like to work aggressively but also set realistic expectations in meeting our business and development needs. We use an *Agile style* development methodology, so you will be working on small teams and in short cycles.
- Work with PHP and MySQL to design, develop and debug very large, very high volume, very public facing, very cool Websites
- Develop and deploy PHP implementation of core algorithms with a solid understanding of coding best-practices
- Work with the open source CMS Drupal to develop themes and modules
- Work with the team to manage, optimize and customize multiple web applications.
- Create other network scripts and tools to assist in product development.
- Create and maintaining technical documentation.
Tags: PHP Developer, UI Developer, Web Developer, PHP, LAMP, CSS, HTML, PHP, Senior PHP Developer, PHP5, PHP, CSS, HTML, LAMP Developer,
- 4+ years software development experience or equivalent, including Object Oriented design and PHP Development.
- Proficiency with hand coding HTML and CSS ,
- Hands-on experience with web application architecture and relational database design
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing (SEM)
- Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP )
- Understanding and demonstrated adaptation of cross-platform, cross-browser compatibility concerns.
- Experience in building database-driven applications and Web sites.
- Experience in PHP development frameworks is required.
- Strong presentation, communication, and collaboration skills, enabling effective interaction and knowledge transfer to teammates and other departments within the company.
- A high task load is expected. You should be able to work within tight deadlines while exhibiting exemplary time management and task prioritization.
- Positive attitude and professionalism in the workplace as well as great sense of humor is always appreciated.
Monster - 2 years ago