Trek’s Web Technologies department is looking for a talented developer to help our team create first-class marketing, e-commerce and B2B web sites.
The right candidate should have a well-developed, working knowledge of web technology concepts and be able to demonstrate experienced aptitude working within the web application architecture stack. Also, applicants should be accomplished programmers with advanced language, structure and problem-solving skills. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must, and each individual must be prepared to help the team evolve into the most efficient working unit possible.
Work closely with project managers, Marketing, Creative, Sales and other members of the technical team to analyze, plan, program and implement large-scale and complex web projects. Accurately and thoroughly estimate effort according to technical and functional requirements, build up complete technical specifications, program and implement according to design, take part in testing / QA efforts to ensure a very high quality product. Maintain functionality/stability of production sites with dedicated attention to service and support.
Bonus Skills (not required, but helpful):
- Good quality object-oriented PHP
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Zend, Code Ignitor, Kohana, Spring, etc.)
- Solid experience designing/creating relational databases (MySQL in particular)
- Experience working in a team environment and with team-oriented tools (svn, agile, etc)
- Solid working knowledge and experience with web serving technologies, specifically Apache
- Java development skills
- Google Analytics event tracking
- Apache/Tomcat administration capabilities
- Linux/Unix web serving environments
- Experience working with REST-ful web services
- Strong understanding of XML and working knowledge of its usage
Bachelor’s degree in related field of study OR equivalent professional working experience
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 15 months ago