Qualcomm-Atheros, a.k.a. QCA http://www.qualcomm.com/qca/ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm and a leading provider of wireless and wired technologies for the mobile, networking, computing and consumer electronics markets. We're focused on inventing technologies that connect and empower people in ways that are elegant and accessible to all.
As a key member of the WiFi team you will drive the verification of PHY designs using state-of-the-art methodologies. You will participate in the full development cycle starting from upfront planning through to productization. The scope is both hands-on technical contribution plus team management and enablement, with an emphasis on scalability and re-use across multiple programs.
- Masters or PhD graduate in electrical engineering or related field
- 10+ years of relevant design verification experience, including 3+ years as a manager
- Understanding of and hands-on experience in ASIC verification methodology using SystemVerilog, SVA, OVM/ UVM, Vera, or VMM
- Experience in writing feature-based test plans and implementing such test plans using one of the methodologies above, debugging test failures, running regression and closing test plan targets
- Understanding of structural and functional coverage approaches
- Understanding of object oriented paradigm
- Understanding of overall digital ASIC design and verification methodology
- Experience in validating complex signal processing systems using a bit-accurate reference model
- Knowledge of digital communication theory and implementation
- Experience with Matlab and/or C++ is highly desired. Python and/or Perl scripting is a plus
- Have taken designs through the full development cycle from conception to productization
- Excellent communication skills, able to work and manage effectively in a multi-disciplinary, multi-geography team
- A proven track record in driving toward aggressive but achievable schedules
- An ability to effectively manage direct reports, and work well with others independent of organization structure
- Knowledge of any networking protocols is a plus
Required: Master's, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Preferred: Doctorate, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...