- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy and/or Certificate of Physical Therapy from an approved school of Physical Therapy
- Licensed in the state of Virginia by the State Board of Medicine
- Membership in the American Physical Therapy Association is recommended
The Physical Therapist will develop and carry out a program for the prevention of disability and the maintenance and rehabilitation of students with physical disabilities within the Loudoun County Public School System by establishing and maintaining communication with physicians, therapists, parents, and others dealing with the student with disabilities.
- To provide students with disabilities therapy in the following areas: range of motion, posture, gait, strength, motor development, and functional abilities
- To function as a member of an interdisciplinary team whose purpose is to provide an appropriate educational programming for students with disabilities
- To keep essential records necessary for efficient operation
- To maintain a close liaison with medical doctors
- To be available for consultation with school personnel and parents
- To adhere to the Code of Ethics of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Performs related work as required
Organizational RelationshipS :
Reports directly to the Principal and indirectly to the Special Education Supervisor.
LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON THE CLOSING DATE.
Department of Personnel Services
Salary Range: $45,167-$100,072
197 days (Prorated), 7 hours per day
FROM - TO -