Assists in care and treatment of patients under the direct supervision of physical, occupational and speech therapists; administers and monitors programs for infection control; performs tasks to maintain the department in a safe and orderly condition. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
- Assists the physical, occupational, and speech therapists in administering treatments, under their direct supervision.
- Obtains equipment, material, supplies, and positions them appropriately for use.
- Assists patients in ambulation when designed by a therapist.
- Assists patients to dress, undress.
- Assists therapists to support, transfer, ambulate, and treat patients.
- Administers hydrotherapy treatment under supervision.
- Provides coverage at the front desk in the absence of the department secretary.
- Observes patients and their equipment and reports unusual symptoms or equipment failure the therapists.
- Administers and monitors current methods of the infection control throughout the department and the hydrotherapy unit.
- Administers and monitors program for microbiologic sampling in the hydrotherapy units, as directed by the Infection Control Committee of W.P.H.C.
- Prepares supplies and materials for video fluoroscopy study.
- Assists speech therapists with video fluoroscopy evaluation.
- Maintains and clean all equipment and materials used in patient treatment.
- Prepares equipment, such as hydrotherapy tanks, hot/cold packs, and paraffin baths.
- Maintains current inventory of materials and supplies to determine need for requisitions.
- Escorts patients to and from the department.
- Maintains and organize storage and supply area in an orderly way.
- Assists in the orientation, training of volunteers and students.
- Attends department meetings and in-services when relevant and appropriate subjects are presented.
- Duplicates materials as necessary.
- Attends hospitals mandatory in-service programs.
- Has computer skills/aptitude.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
§ Education : High school diploma.
§ Experience : Successful completion of orientation and on-the-job training according to department guidelines.
§ Qualifications : Ability to interact with and assist therapists in the treatment of adults, and seniors. Open to working with infants, children, adolescents if needed.
White Plains Hospital Center - 2 years ago
White Plains Hospital is a voluntary, not-for-profit health care organization with the primary mission of offering high quality, acute...