The Riverside County Regional Medical Center's Detention Health Services Department seeks a dynamic Physician for its Detention Center located in Riverside, California. Candidates must be Board Certified in either Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
The Physician II will be responsible for providing medical services, under a Family Practice model of care, to inmates in the County of Riverside adult jails and minors in the County of Riverside juvenile hall.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• In the course of supervising medical cases, conducts medical examinations for inpatients; diagnoses medical conditions; prescribes and administers treatment and/or medication.
• Performs or assists in performing surgical operations; supervises pre- and post- operative care of surgical cases.
• Orders examinations, analysis, imaging diagnostic tests, and special diets; conducts rounds and reviews reports, records and general progress of patients.
• Assists in directing and supervising the work of residents, interns, and medical students in an assigned field.
• Arranges and conducts consulting conferences and chart reviews for the discussion of the surgical, medical and mental conditions of patients and their final diagnosis and treatment.
• Discusses findings with private physicians and consults with physicians in the community and members of other agencies concerning problems related to the operation of public health programs.
• Acts as the primary consultant to staff regarding the medical aspects of the public health programs; reviews public health programs to insure compliance with State policies and regulations.
• Instruct public health nurses and other medical staff in the care and treatment of patients; determines necessity for referral and refers persons requiring special diagnostic procedures or treatment to appropriate sources.
• Prepares reports and correspondence; participate in clinical research; authors articles for publication in medical/scientific journals; gives presentations regarding research projects at medical/scientific conferences.
Candidates must be Board Certified in either Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
Experience: Completion of one year of experience as a Physician in an acute care hospital, mental health setting, clinic outpatient setting or health care agency program.
Licenses: Valid Physician and Surgeon's license issued by the State of California without restrictions and a valid Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
Knowledge of: The principles and practices of modern medicine and its application, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
Ability to: Instruct residents, interns, and students in a designated specialized medical service; prepare comprehensive and concise records; conduct medical examinations; diagnose medical conditions; prescribe treatment and medications; analyze and interpret public health data; administer the medical component of public health programs; maintain effective relationships with staff and patients.
We are committed to providing a cost-effective revenue generation service to participating local governments and to the public in general....