Analyze internal and external customer requirements to balance supply and demand, trim cutsheets, and develop production schedules for plant resources, communicating with business partners on customer, inventory and production needs.
Coordinate product flow, consider machine capabilities, and manage work-in-process inventories at lowest possible cost, while maintaining service, operational efficiencies, and working capital targets.
Optimize use of planning and scheduling tools and utilize Lean Manufacturing methods to drive waste out of the scheduling process, and work with operations to maximize service and minimize yield loss.
- Review daily demand and equipment constraints to ensure all customer requirements are planned for in resource schedules to optimize service and manufacturing wheels and capabilities
- Daily planning and analysis to manage supply/demand balance, sourcing changes, maintaining necessary levels of WIP inventory and helping guide efficient flow of materials.
- Understand customer needs and ensure special instructions required from external customers are followed and communicated to internal manufacturing customers, and work with Logistics and Customer Service on meeting stock replenishments and special customer requests
- Calculate and communicate daily conformance to schedule; make necessary scheduling adjustments with up and down stream schedulers or production areas
- Review routings/run rates to ensure proper time is being planned for and bill of material requirements to ensure proper upstream raw material requirements are met
- Coordinate requirements for scheduled runs including basestock, JCR and R-level WIP, Sheeter rolls, packaging parts, cores
- Maintain clear understanding of equipment capabilities and restrictions to help make plant crewing recommendations that will effectively support weekly production needs
- Work to minimize broken service promises (BSPs) and drive on-time manufacturing and delivery targets
- Daily communication and problem solving with multiple cross-functional and support groups including attending production Design Team Glass Wall discussions
- Work closely with manufacturing and others schedulers on plant flow and stacker utilization
- Maximize trim efficiencies and identify cost and yield savings opportunities.
- Work closely with R&T and manufacturing to support product development, scheduling of XP trials, inventory dispositions and product transitions
- Help develop and maintain job SOP’s and procedures
- Provide daily flow-to-the-work support to department co-workers; cross-train and help fill-in when needed
- Gather and analyze manufacturing, inventory, and customer data to support department problem solving, decision making and metrics tracking
- Coordinate responsible area of WIP inventory management process working closely with Mfg, Sales,Marketing, R&T, Customer Service, and Finance on the disposition and utilization of WIP to meet working capital objectives
- Analyze measurements and data trends to make recommendations for process improvement, and participate on projects in the areas of cost reduction, inventory, service, flow, wheel optimization.
- Assist with Notes system administration to coordinate special customer requirements and special requests.
- Participate in team objective setting, action plans and achievement processes
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills:
- High School diploma required. Undergraduate business degree with emphasis on operations management preferred
- Three to five years experience within Supply Chain Planning, Scheduling, Logistics, or Manufacturing
- Proven math, analytical skills, problem solving and planning skills
- Proactive written/verbal communication skills with all levels in the organization
- Sense of urgency with ability to engage people in a positive manner despite amiguity
- Demonstrated team player, uses sound judgement, is highly organized, persistent, accurate and dependable, and provide clear direction and priorities
- Innovative and flexible with understanding of operations, scheduling, and inventory control concepts in a Lean Mfg environment with multiple products and work center dependencies
- Scheduling System knowledge: JD Edwards, PSP Production Scheduling, Greycon X-Trim, and MES Manufacturing Execution
- Proficienct in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience in data gathering & analysis and in Business Intelligence tools preferred
Appleton - 10 months ago
Appleton creates product solutions through its development and use of coating formulations and applications and encapsulation technology....