Position Summary: Provides maintenance services for
various piping work, install and uninstall pipe with
regards to maintenance in the industrial plant.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials
and equipment according to specifications.
- Inspects work sites to determine presence of
obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for
pipe will not cause structural weakness.
- Plans installations to avoid obstructions and to
avoid interfering with activities of the other
- Cuts, threads, bends and assembles the pipes.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic
components of the machines.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and
air-conditioning systems following specifications
- Checks for leaks in the pipe system.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history
- Expected to have the piping experience in a
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical
manuals in order to determine work procedures such
as ISO’s and blueprints.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and
- Must have Journeyman Pipe Fitter tools
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to
work as needed
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions
ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will
work at different elevations. Noise levels will be
moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy
equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials,
communication equipment and tools. People standing,
walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to
adhere to large amounts of standing, walking,
bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear
to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal,
grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials,
controls and tools. May be required to lift, carry
and move up to 25lbs. Will occasionally work at
heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of
platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see
short and long distances, colors, depth perception
and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear
personal protective equipment (PPE) including but
not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles,
ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests,
gloves and steel-toe boots.
Valued but not required skills , knowledge, and
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction,
technical or trade school such as NCCER Pipe Fitter
- TWIC Required
Zachry Holdings - 13 months ago