ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial
Journeyman Pipe Fitter for new construction work.
An Industrial Pipe Fitter will assemble, layout, install
and maintain pipe systems on the new construction of a
Combined-Cycle Power Plant.
Fitter or Pipe Fitter Helper.
- Must have 4+ years working as an Industrial Pipe
knowledge of pipe fitting procedures and skills.
- Must be able to read prints and illustrate thorough
- Must have good leadership and communication skills.
- Must be have experience on an industrial
scope of work: locations, quantities, and sizes of
- Read blueprints and specification to determine the
to eliminate those risks.
- Identify all tools required for tasks.
- Identify safety risks and the precautions required
- Prepare, fabricate, install, and fit pipe to
piping system according to plans and applicable
- Install valves, hangars, supports, flanges inside
the piping systems.
- Perform test to ensure the quality of the pipe and
cables, and other rigging equipment.
- Hoist loads using slings, chains, shackles, hooks,
- Demonstrated industrial construction/maintenance
manufacturers manuals and instructions.
- Ability to read prints and construction drawings.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and
for industrial piping and boiler components for a
- Demonstrate knowledge on the pipe fitting processes
combined-cycle power plant.
- Must have 4+ years experience with the pipe fitting
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good aptitude and manual dexterity.
- Good reading comprehension.
- Ability to work with others – team player.
- Ability to work independently – minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills with co-workers and
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and
Reports to Position
- Zachry ROF’ed employee.
- Former Zachry Employee.
- NCCER Certification as an Industrial Pipe Fitter
- Formal/technical education.
however the position will work closely with and
- This position does not have any direct reports;
oversee on occasion of helper and labor positions.
The position will hold a positional and expertise
authority of the helper and laborer positions.
1 1/16", 1 1/8", 1 1/4")
- 1 - Metal Tool Box with Lock
- 2 - Torpedo Magnetic Level
- 1 - 25' Tape Measure
- 1 - 5 Gallon Plastic Bucket
- 2 - 12" x 24" Framing Square
- 1 - String Level
- 1 - 8" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - 14" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - 24" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - Pipefitter's Blue Book
- 1 - 420 Channel Locks
- 1 - Torch Lighter (Striker)
- 1 - Chalk Line
- 1 - Set of Allen Wrenches
- 1 - Line Up Bar
- 2 - Combination Open/Box End Wrenches (7/8", 15/16",
- 1 - Screwdriver (Flat)
- 1 - Set of Tip Cleaners
- 1 - Pair of Leather Gloves
- 1 - 24" Level
- 1 - 16' Tape Measure
- 1 - Pair of Cutting Goggles
- 1 - Center Finder
- 1 - 4" Wraparound
- 1 - 12" Crescent Wrench
- 1 - 18" Pipe Wrench
- 1 - Center Punch
- 1 - Wire Cutters
- 1 - Plumb Bob
- 1 - Set Blinding Wedges – Small
- 1 – Hacksaw
- 1 - 3lb to 4lb Ball Peen Hammer
- 1 - Phillips Screwdriver
- 1 - Combination Set -
, Protractor, and Center Finder
3/8 Ratchet Drive
with 3/8" to 1" set
- 1 - Construction Calculator
- 1 – Rain Suit
- 1 – Rubber boots
of standing, walking, bending, squatting and
- Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts
perform the precision adjustments of machinery parts
- Will talk and hear to communicate.
- Must have good dexterity with hands and fingers to
push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools.
- Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn,
stairways and work off of platforms. Will work at
- May be required to lift, carry and move up to 50lbs.
- Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and
heights up to 300’ utilizing proper fall protection.
long distances, colors, depth perception and
- Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and
including but not limited to the heat, cold, rain,
- Must be capable of working out side in the elements
snow and wind; and must be able to work for long
period of times up to 12 hours a day.
equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard
- Will be required to wear personal protective
hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs,
masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and