ZACHRY is currently seeking an experienced Industrial
Journeyman Pipe Fitter for a Baseload position at the
CPCC Port Arthur Plant in Port Arthur, TX.
Position Summary: Provides maintenance services for
various piping work, install and uninstall pipe with
regards to maintenance in the industrial plant.
and equipment according to specifications.
- Selects type and size of pipe, and related materials
obstructions and to ascertain that holes cut for pipe
- Inspects work sites to determine presence of
will not cause structural weakness.
interfering with activities of the other workers.
- Plans installations to avoid obstructions and to avoid
components of the machines.
- Cuts, threads, bends and assembles the pipes.
- Installs and maintains hydraulic and pneumatic
air-conditioning systems following specifications and
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Checks for leaks in the pipe system.
- Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
- Expected to have the piping experience in a
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to work with others – team player
- Good communication skills with co-workers and
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and
manuals in order to determine work procedures such as
- Must understand how to read and interpret technical
ISO’s and blueprints.
- Must have experience using industrial hand tools and
- Must have Journeyman Pipe Fitter tools
- Minimum 3-5 years industrial maintenance experience
work as needed
- Must have reliable transportation and be flexible to
Valued but not required skills , knowledge, and
technical or trade school such as NCCER Pipe Fitter
- Former Zachry employee
- Formal education/degree/certificate in construction,
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical demands and work environment:
to large amounts of standing, walking, bending,
- Physical demands: Employee will be required to adhere
squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to
communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab,
hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and
tools. May be required to lift, carry and move up to
25lbs. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders
and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision
abilities to focus, see short and long distances,
colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be
required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
including but not limited to: hard hat, safety
glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators,
safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will
- Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions
work at different elevations. Noise levels will be
moderate to high. Job site will contain light to heavy
equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials,
communication equipment and tools. People standing,
walking, sitting, signaling and talking. Bells, whistles
ZACHRY is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free
work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NCCER PIPE FITTER