1. MUST HAVE VALID ID'S
2. MUST PASS BACKGROUND, SAFETY COUNCIL AND DRUG SCREEN
3. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK UNSCHEDULED OT
4. MUST BE ABLE TO BE TIED OFF 100% AND WORK IN ELEVATED
5. MUST BE CLEAN SHAVEN
6. MUST SUPPLY OWN STEEL TOE BOOTS
7. MUST SUPPLY OWN TOOLS (IF REQUIRED)
8. HEAVY LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS
9. PAST ZACHRY PREF.
Job Requirements:Job Title:
Industrial Pipefitter Journeyman
Journeyman - Typically 3 years and above documented
field experience in chosen craft discipline with ability
to read and interpret instructions and document, plan
and perform work activities independently.
Certified Journeyman - Requires attainment of NCCER
certifications written and/or practical.
Leadman - Provides leadership, instruction, and guidance
to other craft workers in work crew, providing
assistance to Foreman, while working in the capacity of
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains
piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related
hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water
fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating,
cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial
production and processing systems.
and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials
cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of
and activities of other workers.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions
chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and
to hold pipe.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling
pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked,
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal
soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand
hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and
conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps,
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air
meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping,
in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure
indication of leaks.
manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of
May operate machinery to verify repair.
equipment and supplies.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools,
material and work pieces during installation.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of
tools and equipment.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of
safety and project rules. Perform other duties as
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and
form of lines, figures and objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with
previous years of experience in the field or in a
related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts,
practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate
supervision. Primary job functions do not typically
require exercising independent judgment. Typically
reports to a supervisor or manager.
a. Standing 60%
b. Lifting 50 lb.
Carrying 50 lb.
Pushing 70 ft-lb.
Pulling 70 ft-lb.
2. Climbing F
3. Stooping O
EXPLANATION OF SYMBOLS
NP Not Present
O Occasionally (0-33%)
F Frequently (34-66%)
C Constantly (67-100