Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success. We offer very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
The Planning Director for Oncology and Ambulatory Services contributes to the fulfillment of The University of Kansas Hospital (Hospital) mission by serving to proactively develop ambulatory network and oncology clinical service strategies. This position is responsible for development and implementing plans to support the Hospital’s ambulatory and oncology needs throughout the Kansas City metro area and the region. These plans will help the Hospital achieve clinical and service excellence, promote business growth and assure the provision of cost effective, clinically-appropriate care across the continuum.
* Collaborates with leaders in UKP, Nursing, Marketing and Other departments as appropriate to assure that patient needs are met and high levels of patient satisfaction are achieved in accessing the Hospital and Health System. Collaborates with program-specific physician liaisons to ensure message connectivity to market strategies.
* Understands access and capacity; creates new demand focused on areas where capacity is available. Identifies access to specialist concerns and works with partners on campus to improve wait time. Ensures that patient and critical info get back to the referring doctor in a timely manner to enhance and preserve long term relationships.
* Develops and maintains a network of strong relationships in the community.
* Participates in all relevant committee structures where ambulatory network needs are discussed. Leads groups targeted to developing ambulatory network strategies. Acts on behalf of the Vice President, Business and Strategic Development as appropriate.
* Leads the organization’s ambulatory outreach strategy, collaborating with campus partners, service line leaders and other hospital departments to ensure coordinated, consistent and strategic message development.
* Develops community network and relationship strategies targeted at growing profitable lines of business.
* Maintains a system of management reports that provides the system with timely and relevant information in all areas of responsibility.
* Reviews complaints, concerns or questions relative to ambulatory access and service with using Hospital services. Based on market knowledge and feedback, identify processes and infrastructure that don't add value for the customer. Acts as a liaison to facilitate resolution of problems or concerns relative to service delivery.
* Demonstrates work practices consistent with UKHA and department-specific safety, security and infection control policies.
* Participates in service line committees to identify ambulatory services needs to support overall service line strategies. Leads market assessments, identifies market segments and evaluation of new opportunities.
* Contributes to the service line business planning process. Ensures ambulatory services and programs are developed and marketed in accordance to good business practices to ensure maximum profitability and referral volume.