Description of the Position:
Primarily responsible for promoting the success of the Players Club by assisting guests through the membership process and explaining the benefits of membership. Will also assist the Promotions and Luxury Line departments as needed.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities, and Tasks:
• All team members are obligated to support and uphold the Valley View Casino’s Standards of Excellence as outlined in the Team Member Guide to Success.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving guest complaints and ensuring guest satisfaction. Greet guests in a courteous and caring manner using personalized service.
• Establish new guests with Players Club membership and aid in maintaining and updating guest accounts as needed. Responsible for signing up new players in the Players Club each week.
• Promotes the success of the Players Club by explaining this marketing tool to guests, issuing membership cards and demonstrating the various methods of use.
• Records information on new customers and updates computer files as needed.
• Evaluate and qualify guests for participation with casino floor promotions.
• Resolves miscellaneous guest complaints, referring to the appropriate supervisor when necessary.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the property as well as current and upcoming special events in order to advise guests and fellow Team Members, whenever possible.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Players Club in order to effectively explain all aspects to guests.
• Assist Shift Managers and Casino Hosts with Players Club, Promotions, and Luxury Line related matters, as needed.
• Assists guests with reservations for restaurants, hotel, etc.
• Facilitates the effective flow of information by attending regularly scheduled departmental meetings.
• Routinely inspect stock of Players Club printed materials and restock same, as needed.
• Issue complimentaries for guests when appropriate level of play has been established.
• Assist the Promotions team with tournaments, drawings, and special event nights, as needed.
• Assist the Luxury Line team by providing support for incoming bus guests as needed.
• Flexibility and adaptability to a changing clientele and environment.
• Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor, Manager and/or Department Director.
• Responsible for conducting all responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
• Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of customer service experience.
• Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word.
• Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the Tribal Gaming Agency.
• Must successfully pass a drug screening test.
• Must be able to successfully pass applicable auditions or skill testing.
• Bi-lingual in English and another language.
Physical Requirements of the Position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Clear vision (close, distant, peripheral, and depth perception) is needed for navigating office and casino environments, reading and reviewing reports and policies, operating data processing equipment and other essential job functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear.
• The Team Member is regularly required to sit and use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel.
• The Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
• The Team Member must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• The Casino is open 24 hours per day, seven (7) days per week; therefore, you must be flexible to work any and all shifts.
• While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to second hand tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts, risk of radiation from computers, and fumes or airborne particles.
• The Team Member is usually subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes.
• The Team Member is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the noise level increases to loud.
• Native American hiring preference applies.
• This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be instructed by management to perform other tasks or functions.
• You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description and your ability to commit to the Standards of Excellence.
• Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.
• The job description is not a contract for employment.
Valley View Casino and Hotel - 30+ days ago