Position Summary :
The purpose of the position is to provide effective execution of all maintenance, controls, and assigned projects within the premises of the plant in support of Safety, Quality, and Reliability and our corporate strategy.
Essential Job Functions :
Candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency through both a written and practical test.
Communicate any and all maintenance issues, problems or successes to the incoming shift associates.
- Complete daily assigned work.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and safe work practices are followed.
- Assist in troubleshooting and commissioning various control system platforms equipment and controls.
- Ensure shop areas including spare parts room and offices are cleaned daily.
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees.
- Complete safety observations as assigned.
- Responsible for all controls based issues within the Bakery.
- Expected to help train other mechanics on PLC systems and networks, trouble shooting and repairs.
- Expected to work with other mechanics on non-PLC system when emergencies arise.
- Expected to complete tasks on a daily basis, complete all department paper work and enter information into our CMMS platform.
- Expected to work within all Kroger system for GMP, SQF, Safety and regulatory
Follow all food safety policies and requirements:
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety related systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles
Some of the Behaviors needed to successfully perform this position are:
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications :
- Extensive knowledge and troubleshooting skills using RS 500 and RS 5000.
- Must be able to use Panelview programming applications. i.e.: Panelbuilder, Factory Talk
- Extensive knowledge with all forms of Rockwell communication platforms. i.e.: Devicenet, Ethernet IP, Control Net.
- Must have basic knowledge of computer networks, switches, IP addresses.
- Extensive knowledge with all Allen Bradley motor control drives. Powerflex
- Must be knowledgeable with Cognex vision systems, and programing of vision devices.
- Must be experienced in making program changes on the fly.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot not only PLC based problems but electrical, hard wiring, as well.
- Must have the ability to complete a controls project from start to finish. i.e.: build the logic, and transfer that to actual hard wiring.
- Must be willing to remote access in from home for emergency purposes.
Desired Previous Job Experience :
- Experience in food manufacturing is desired.
Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
It is the policy of The Kroger Co. to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment.
Kroger - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard