At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Weyerhaeuser, is a leader in the world's structural frame market with innovative products, systems, and services for use in a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications worldwide. We're looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards innovation. Our associates are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
The Bruce operation is a random length sawmill primarily producing lumber up to 20 feet in length with some specialty related capacity. Bruce, MS is located in northwestern Mississippi and filled with natural beauty and small-town charm.
Whether you enjoy close proximity to college activities/sports, outdoor recreational activities, historic landmarks, arts/ entertainment or shopping, Calhoun County and Bruce, MS offers the best in recreation, relaxation, and entertainment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and developing preventive maintenance and equipment monitoring activities in Maximo to include setting up PM’s and determining frequency and priority, inspecting PM’s for completion and quality, continuously improving the PM processes by upgrading existing PM’s, establishing PM routes, monitoring and supporting the lubrication processes, and supporting the site Root Cause Failure analysis process. This person must demonstrate enthusiastic attitude towards leading change and implementation of systematic processes required to achieve maintenance objectives which directly support manufacturing excellence. Must communicate and coordinate with all departments to translate preventive maintenance work requirements into clear and achievable plans. Utilize the computerized maintenance management system to effectively manage work. Ensuring that all safety precautions and special conditions are noted in the planning package. Serve as liaison between operations and maintenance organizations for machine time and manpower. Maintaining preventive maintenance records and generates reports such as past due PM work orders, completed PM work orders last week, labor utilization by work order type, machine failures, etc.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• Must have positive safety behaviors and expectations.
• Has utilized a computer maintenance management system consisting of work
orders, preventative maintenance, equipment records, purchases, parts, and
• Proficient in Maximo, SAP or another computerized maintenance management
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess analytical skills needed to streamline large volume of information and
computer data while preserving relevant historical information.
• Ability to work with maintenance and team members on the mill floor to ensure
proper needs are being met to maintain the machinery and the asset
• Previous involvement with maintenance planning
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize preventive maintenance work with production
• Deploy best practices, replicate processes, and continuous improvement as a
part of work ethic.
• Willingness to accept assignments and ability to work several assignments
simultaneously and effectively.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Must be willing to work weekends as required.
The following qualifications are Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Wood Products Industry maintenance experience
Weyerhaeuser is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce.
Weyerhaeuser - 22 months ago
If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces a...