This is a long term contract with an International Company located in Houston, TX
The role is needed to provide ongoing support of the Project Management methods, processes, and tools as well as support related project management continuous improvement activities. This resource will also help the PMO institutionalize best practices identified within the organization as it builds governance processes for Project, Program, and Portfolio Management, as well as other functions.
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, accurate and complete.
- Provide assistance to maintain and improve the project management framework necessary to support the PMO.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management. Contribute to the PMO body of knowledge including standards and processes.
- Assist and advise project managers and project teams to the best use of the defined project management methodology as well as overall project management best practices.
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, including providing assistance through reviews and providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Develop positive relationships with managers and staff to enable the PMO to provide support including standard project deliverables, monitoring, reviews, and and training on processes and tools
- Mentor PMO staff on the use of defined methods, processes, and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to achieve process changes and departmental goals within a matrix organization; ability to communicate and work well with others at all levels of the corporation.
- Extensive IT Project/Program Management Office experience in a large enterprise environment; knowledge of PMO and project management best practices; demonstrable experience either building or expanding/improving an IT PMO.
- Experience in using enterprise-level PPM tools including MS Project; SharePoint experience a plus
- Understanding of project monitoring and control processes within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, collaboration, and assertiveness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent presentation skills. Self-starter who is very detailed oriented. Strong relationship building skills. Strong experience with PMI PMBOK.
Triangle Technology - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard