Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful. Become part of a team committed to success.
We currently have an opening for a Polysomnographic Technologist in our Sleep Disorders Center.
* Performs patient set-up for polysomnography in accordance with departmental policies to include but not limited to administering patient questionnaire, patient prep and hook-up, and patient instruction.
* Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases according to departmental standards.
* Monitors the sleeping patient with documentation of significant events, ensuring continuous and accurate data collection, and assisting the patient when necessary.
* Perform accurate scoring of polysomnographic records using established departmental criteria and generate a summarized report.
* Performs equipment calibration and patient calibration according to departmental standards.
* Performs multiple sleep latency test according to established departmental procedures.
* Performs nocturnal oximetry studies and assesses oxygen requirements when directed.
* Maintains equipment in optimal condition. Trouble-shoots and corrects any problems encountered
* Properly cleans and disinfects re-usable equipment and contaminated surfaces.
* Facilitates the maintenance of an adequate inventory of supplies according to need.
* Performs patient registration functions.
* High School diploma required, Bachelor's Degree in Science preferred
* Previous Respiratory care experience and/or experience in polysomnography preferred.
* Registered Respiratory Therapist and/or Registered Polysomnographic Technologist preferred.
The University of Kansas Hospital - 20 months ago