We are looking for a result-oriented, analytical individual who has excellent technical skills, to become a valuable member of our Hastings Information Technology Department.
- Provide analysis, development, testing, installation, and support of store servers, Point of Sale, and warehouse equipment.
- Provide 2nd tier troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems with POS equipment working closely Hastings Help Desk.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all POS equipment.
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining, and upgrading all Linux servers including hardware, operating system, and transferring of database.
- Travel to new stores, remodels, and relocations install and test store POS equipment.
- Facilitate problem resolution by reviewing open trouble tickets, gathering additional information, documenting ticket information, proactively noting the status of the issue and driving resolution process.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letters, resumes and salary history, in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (preferred).
- 5-8 years of related IT experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, telephone and email etiquette.
- Ability to work independently or as a team.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, schedules and situations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to create and follow instructions.
- Must carry a cell phone and be the escalation point for issues as an on call rotation.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Must be able to lift more than 75 lbs.
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of IP networking at a LAN/WAN level.