Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
This position performs the tasks necessary to develop and implement new Point-of-Sale solutions into Costco’s warehouse and fuel environments. This includes technical knowledge of POS hardware, configuration, and programming in order to develop and apply these solutions.
This position is responsible for identifying tasks required to evaluate promising technologies and determine their applicability to Costco’s environments. In some cases, this position is responsible for coordinating proof-of-concepts of new technologies to demonstrate viability and business value.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Creating or modifying programs consistent with department procedures, philosophies, and standards
- Installing, configuring, and supporting POS applications for Retalix Fuel Systems on Windows Servers
- Installing, configuring, and supporting POS applications for IBM/TGCS 4690 solutions
- Working with Costco’s business relations teams to develop strong understanding of the business area being supported
- Designing specific applications as assigned, including traceability back to requirements
- Troubleshooting and correcting programming errors as assigned
- Creating test scripts and executing adequate unit and system testing while providing necessary test documentation
- Providing mentoring and support to both project and area team members
- Staying current on industry and technology directions by establishing mechanisms for scanning the technology horizon
- Creating strong relationships with vendor’s product development groups
- Creating strategies for retiring old systems while deploying new ones
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- 5+ years of experience with multiple Point-of-Sale software and hardware vendors
- 5+ years experience in utilizing the 4690 Operating System and development system tools
- 2+ experience developing and integrating IBM/TGCS SurePOS ACE and IBM/TGCS Store Integration Framework
- Strong understanding of evolving industry standards and new technologies
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively troubleshoot and provide solutions
- Must possess demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be responsible, conscientious and possess a passion for excellence
- Must possess strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Must be available to work as needed to honor project commitments, meet deadlines, and perform on-call support as needed (nights and weekends)
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Capabilities in some of the following: BOB reporting, SQL, JAVA, C++, C, Python, or 4690 Basic
- Familiarity with configuring and supporting Windows servers and utilities
- Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred
Costco Wholesale - 18 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...