Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
This position performs the daily tasks necessary to support the POS systems software and hardware in Costco’s warehouse and gas station environments. This includes maintaining constant communication with the business and IT personnel via email, phone, and call management software to ensure that the POS systems are up and operational at all times. When main duties are fulfilled, there will also be assigned tasks given and involvement on projects such as technology refresh, root cause determination, hardware/software implementation and POS quality assurance testing.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Ensure that the POS Systems are always up and operational.
- Monitor, resolve, or escalate POS system issues in the call management system database.
- Perform quality assurance testing of new hardware and software.
- Provide root cause analysis on reported problems.
- Create and update system uptime reporting.
- Staying current on the directions the Retail and Fuel industry & technologies are heading.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- A passion for excellence.
- Must be a team player – friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed. Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating and ultimately putting team goals first.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have excellent attention to details and ability to assess ‘big picture.’
- Must possess strong problem solving skills.
- Strong proven interpersonal skills & able to work well with people at all levels.
- Must be extremely responsive; able to work under pressure in crisis with a strong sense of urgency.
- Recognize the importance of, and be able to provide excellent customer service.
- Must be willing to travel, work evenings, weekends and holidays, and able to provide 24X7 on-call coverage .
- After initial training period scheduled hours for this position will require working one weekend day each week.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Completion (preferred) or willingness to obtain, A+ Technical certification.
- Proficient in administering Windows Server 2003 and 2008.
- Working knowledge of SQL 2000 and SQL 2008.
- Basic knowledge of Networking and TCP/IP fundamentals.
- Experience with wired and wireless networks.
- Understanding of or responsible for learning the warehouse and fuel system applications.
- Knowledge of or responsible for learning how to troubleshoot POS system hardware and software issues.
- Previous experience with or responsible for learning to test, document test plans and develop test scripts.
- Familiarity with Costco’s business.
Costco Wholesale - 15 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...