Required Education and Experience:|
Ph.D. in biology, microbiology, immunology, or related science. Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with A&M System and HSC guidelines.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience with lab techniques in the following area is preferred: microbiological techniques, molecular biology, complement biology, protein purification and biochemistry, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence imaging. In addition, the successful applicant would have experience working with laboratory mouse models of infections, cell culture, PCR , DNA and RNA extraction, ELISA , and Western blotting.
Experience with generation of animal genetic mouse models, eukaryotic expression system, RT- PCR , qPCR and qRT- PCR , and protein structure.
Demonstrated ability to do independent research in an area related to infectious diseases and inflammation. Highly motivated, strong interpersonal skills.
Assists Principal Investigator with the development and implementation of research projects and study bacterial infections and bacterial – host interactions. This individual will implement a wide range of experimental procedures in the area of microbiology, molecular cloning, protein biochemistry, immunology, cell culture and mouse models of infections.
1. The scientist will perform fundamental and/or translational investigations at a level appropriate for a Postdoctoral Research Associate. Studies will be conducted using the standard techniques appropriate for microbiological, biochemical, genetic, cellular, animal model systems as they relate to important questions in biological sciences. Will assist PI by organizing and conducting research projects.
2. Investigations utilizing a wide range of experimental procedures carried out at the in vivo, as well as, the in vitro level including cloning, ELISA , Western analysis, protein-protein interactions, immunological assays, fluorescence microscopy, and tissue culture.
3. Assist in the preparation of tables, graphs, photographs and figures, and assist in the preparation of manuscripts and grant proposals. Contribute as needed to the preparation of scientific conferences, research grant proposals, paper reviews, and provide publishable reports for journal presentation. This will include library research into new approaches.
4. Participates in weekly lab meetings within the center and other departments. Participates in joint projects involving faculty, junior lab personnel, and graduate students. Provides assistance to graduate students and junior lab personnel.
5. Maintain lab equipment and supplies, occasionally order and receive supplies and equipment, records, etc.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Is this position restricted by the Patriot Act?
Background Check Information:
By applying to this position, you authorize the Texas A&M Health Science Center ( TAMHSC ) and/or its agent, at any time during my application process and/or employment, to conduct an investigative consumer report that may include, but is not limited to, a criminal record check, employment and education verifications, verifications of personal references and reputation and driving record.