This position leads the Global Business Unit on continuous improvement of product and processes. The position requires the ability to inspire and maintain continuous focus on the customer, and to lead through LEAN leadership methodologies that include Standard Work that insures daily accountabilities, rapid deployment of effective counter-measures, and continuous improvement of processes. The position has oversight responsibility for the location’s 8-step method training, the project funnel, PPI Solo activity, and capturing PPI productivity savings across BU functions. The position is also responsible for the BU’s KPIs, strategy deployment and overall coordination of continuous improvement activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Establish goals and objectives that stretch boundaries by detailing specific continuous improvement activities focused on enhancing internal process and test yields
* Interact both vertically and horizontally in a way that commands both personal respect and mission acceptance and possess the ability and interpersonal skills to influence all levels of the organization.
* Promote LEAN Enterprise approaches with a focus that includes Daily Standard Work and continuous disciplined focus on processes.
* Implement the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in all functional areas. Use the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts
* Interact with the Supplier Quality function at all sites as required to properly assess, measure, and improve the performance of suppliers.
* Act as a change agent for improvement initiatives
* Create and maintain both a Quality-centric and Quality-focused culture for all activities across functions
* As needed, own and lead to completion cross functional improvement activities that are tied to critical improvement areas
* Actively support training, developing, and implementing PPI Lean initiatives driving improvements through customer delivery & improved quality, as well as cost reduction/avoidance to improve profitability.
* Responsible for providing coaching and technical skills for Kaizen events and teaching PPI problem solving methods throughout the BU
* Track and monitor implementation of the PPI activities to ensure site is achieving PPI productivity goals and objectives.
* Act as a role model by systematically driving use of PPI tools for continuous improvement and change throughout the BU.
* Qualified to teach 8-step method and actively helps drive business transformation.
* Provides analysis and recommendations to management in support of PPI Lean Enterprise Steering Committee initiatives
* Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obey all safety policies and procedures
* Perform as a Role Model Leader, acting in compliance with the Thermo Fisher Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values (Integrity, Intensity, Involvement and Innovation).
* Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
* Perform other duties and cross training as assigned
* A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in an appropriate degree in combination with excellent electro-mechanical comprehension and comprehensive knowledge of manufacturing processes is required. A degree in Engineering, Quality Management, Bio-medical or related field is preferred.
* Minimum eight years of experience in progressive roles with manufacturing companies
* Six Sigma Master Black Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt with extensive experience leading cross functional lean projects
* Regulatory experience in International Standards such as ISO-9001:2008, ISO/IEC 17025:2005, ISO-13485:2003 and 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Quality Systems Regulation (QSR)
* Experience in world class practices including LEAN Leadership methodologies, root cause analysis, preventative action deployment and quality function tools. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Access (expert level), Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Able to travel (domestic and international) up to 20%
* Excellent planning, organizational and communications skills. Experience in leading teams in the implementation of improvement systems resulting in reduced cost Experience with manufacturing of metal fabrication items and sheet metal machining and fabrication preferred
* This position may involve access to technology and/or software whose export is controlled by regulations of the U.S. government. Any final job offer will be extended only to otherwise qualified candidates who also meet the level of export control requirements applicable to the position.
Thermo Fisher Scientific - 22 months ago
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 50,000 employees share a single mission: to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and...