Founded in 1980 by Dr. Pearse Lyons, Alltech improves the health and performance of animals, plants and people through natural nutrition and scientific innovation. With more than 3000 employees in 128 countries, the company has developed a strong regional presence in Europe, North America, Latin America, the Middle-East, Africa and Asia. For further information, visit www.alltech.com . Alltech is the proud title sponsor of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2014 in Normandy. For more information about these prestigious global championships, visit www.alltechfeiweg2014-normandy.com .
Department and Position Description:
Alltech’s 160-member marketing team supports the company’s strategic vision and goals, including corporate sponsorship. An opening now exists for a PR Assistant at our International Headquarters located in Nicholasville, Kentucky.
Primary responsibilities include working with the North America PR team and the global press team to establish clear and consistent communication of Alltech’s story to local and national media.
This position will report to the Corporate PR Manager and provide support to the North America PR Team. Qualified candidates will have the potential to grow within the company.
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- North America press monitoring
- Review publications and all online sources daily
- Log and print all coverage; share with the appropriate team members
- Lead the creation of the monthly newsletter report and coverage analysis that is sent to all North America employees and the VP leadership
- Online ASPEN newsroom
- Help to keep the site updated, user-friendly and rich with the relevant content
- Online Alltech.com newsroom
- Work with the global PR team, Web team and Corporate Media team to maintain the site and maximize content opportunities
- Regularly check the site for proper messaging, spelling and grammar
- Build and maintain media contact and distribution lists
- Contribute to the organization of the platform
- Content conceptualization
- Assist with the formation of story ideas, including the identification of the proper storytelling medium for the desired objectives
- Generate content for social media, including the Alltech Innovations blog
- Support the PR team in the generation of talking points and other messaging
- Editing – Provide assistance to the marketing department by proofing materials for messaging consistency as well as proper grammar and spelling.
- Assist the Global PR team in global strategy initiatives and in press event coordination (promotion, logistics, onsite support, etc. as needed)
- Stand prepared to deliver corporate presentations and guide corporate headquarters tours, as needed
Alltech offers a comprehensive benefit package and an atmosphere for professional and personal development. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. Please submit resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills with a superior attention to detail and precision
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to properly prioritize projects and simultaneous deadlines
- A team attitude
- The ability to adapt and remain flexible in a fast-paced and sometimes high pressure environment
- The desire to learn and grow
- International exposure or proficiency in a second language
- A strong interest in a career in public relations representing agribusiness
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or a closely related field
- Experience with writing in AP Style (required)
Alltech Nutrition - 14 months ago