Lyft is hiring a stellar Public Relations Coordinator to help bring the Lyft story to the masses. You will support all brand communications, from blog posts to press releases, so you should have out-of-this-world writing skills. As PR Coordinator, you’ll lead regional press outreach as we launch Lyft in cities across the U.S. and beyond.
We’re looking for a master multi-tasker with major hustle and a passion for storytelling. You devour news and are always looking for new opportunities, reporters and media outlets to tell the Lyft story. You report to the Head of Communications at Lyft HQ in San Francisco.
- Research and create media lists, identifying local influencers and bloggers
- Develop strategies and tactics to introduce Lyft in new markets and continue momentum post-launch
- Support public relations outreach and respond to inbound press inquiries
- Secure local partnerships and opportunities to build awareness in each new market, working closely with Lyft launch team and local driver communities
- Draft, edit and approve internal and external brand messaging including blog posts, community emails, web copy, pitches and other communications
- Manage projects and creative assets for brand videos, promotions, mailings and special events
- Track press coverage and maintain press page on Lyft website
- Source speaking engagements and draft presentations for Lyft co-founders
Your Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years of relevant Marketing or PR/Communications experience preferred
- Exceptional writing skills with knowledge of the AP style of writing/editing
- Excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to shift priorities at a moment’s notice and maintain the highest quality of results
- You’re an avid Lyft user
- You have a great sense of humor and/or a love of karaoke
- Please include a 1-2 sentence description of Lyft and one awesome idea for spreading the word about Lyft in a new city in your cover letter.
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...