Specialist, Internal Communications
Think about impacting 1 out of every 2 people online—in innovative and
that are uniquely Yahoo. We do just that each and every day, and you could too.
After all, it's
big thinkers like you who will create the next generation of Internet
experiences for users
and advertisers across the globe. Now's the time to show the world what you've
your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
The Yahoo Internal Communications team is looking for a Specialist to serve as
an integral and productive part of our team. At Yahoo, the Communications group
is charged with informing and educating employees, users, advertisers,
partners, and influencers about Yahoo’s business and products. In this role,
you will be given many strategic projects on an ongoing basis as well as be
asked to contribute to and lead day to day business activities that directly
impact our employees. Strong writing and editing skills, as well as the ability
to work independently and meet deadlines are essential. 2+ years experience in
communications, journalism, public relations or consumer-oriented media are
This position offers a unique opportunity to work on and
learn about nearly every aspect of
internal communications, while also providing insight into external
communications with our
public relations team.
• Support multiple internal communications initiatives, including writing,
editing, event planning, and graphics creation.
• Manage intranet, including editorial content, proactive story creation, and
communications promoting various company initiatives.
• Develop and edit various internal communications materials, including
executive communications, video content, graphics, and ongoing project tracking
• Maintain ongoing documentation of metrics, analyzing internal message
strategies and resonance.
• Monitor employee feedback and topics of discussion to identify communication
• Work closely with public relations team and internal stakeholders to
effectively communicate company announcements.
• Introduce fun, new, entertaining story and communication ideas for a global
• Provide additional project-based support as needed across the group
• 2-4 years of communications experience
• Excellent creative writing and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously while
• Works well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
• Project management, leadership and decision making skills
• A strong sense of urgency and proactive nature
• Ability to think and communicate strategically with a variety of people
• Knowledge of Internet industry and social media
• Background in public relations, marketing, journalism, publicity, or media
• Multimedia experience in photography, graphics creation and/or video editing
• High energy, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness
• Strong attention to detail
• High level of professional integrity and confidentiality
• Excitement about the Yahoo brand is a must!
• 4 year college degree is required
Location: The PR Specialist will report to the Senior
Manager of Internal Communications and be
based out of Yahoo’s headquarters in Sunnyvale, California.
Yahoo Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more
information or to search all of our
openings, please visit http://careers.yahoo.com.
Yahoo! Inc. - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...