Lyft is hiring an out-of-this-world PR specialist to own media relations across Lyft’s local markets, reporting to the Director of Communications at Lyft HQ in San Francisco. You will support all PR around launching Lyft in new cities, from brainstorming creative story angles and spearheading proactive media outreach to responding to inbound requests.
We’re looking for a media hound who is constantly building new relationships and looking for new, strategic ways to tell the Lyft story on the local level. You are a communicator at the core and have stellar multi-tasking skills.
Your Experience & Skills
- Develop strategies and tactics to introduce Lyft in new markets
- Build a rapport with local media contacts in each market to support ongoing momentum post-launch
- Research and create media lists, identifying local influencers and bloggers
- Own local media outreach and respond to inbound press inquiries
- Brainstorm and assemble an arsenal of creative press angles for each city to reach untapped audiences
- Secure local partnerships and opportunities to build awareness in each new market, working closely with Lyft launch team and local driver communities
- 3-5 years of relevant PR/Communications experience preferred
- Exceptional writing skills with knowledge of the AP style of writing/editing
- Proven experience in building relationships with media
- Excellent project management and organization skills with the ability to shift priorities at a moment’s notice and maintain the highest quality of results
- You’re an avid Lyft user
- You’re familiar with public policy and government relations
- You have a great sense of humor and/or a love of karaoke
- In your cover letter, please include a 1-2 sentence description of Lyft, one awesome idea for spreading the word about Lyft in a new city of your choice and 3 media outlets that you think would dig that angle.
Lyft is your friend with a car. Drivers are matched with passengers who request rides through the Lyft iPhone or Android app. Drivers are...