Requisition ID: 39526
- Organization: Power
- Location: Frederick, MD
This position is for a PRA Manager responsible for all PRA work performed by Bechtel Power for nuclear design, engineering, construction, refurbishment, power uprate, and maintenance support projects at various project sites or Frederick Offices.
Specifically the position manages other technical staff performing PRA work within assigned discipline. Supports engineering/projects department in the performance of complex and demanding assignments requiring initiative and independent judgment. Directs the work of assigned personnel, meeting cost and time schedules. Maintains contact with client representatives and other discipline and department personnel as required. Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
The candidate should have broad knowledge of the following:
- Familiar with NRC NUREG 0800, Regulatory Guides 1.206 (C.1.19), 1.174 and 1.200 and other pertinent guidelines.
- Understand the US regulatory process for nuclear power plants and the documentation supporting that process, including Regulatory Guides, Standard Review Plans, General Design Criteria, Branch Technical Positions, etc.
- Understand BWR and PWR nuclear power plant design, including the Nuclear Island, Balance of Plant, and Turbine Island scopes of the design.
- Understand the severe accident scenarios of BWR and PWR plants in U.S.
- Understand the PRA, Monte Carlo, and computer modeling
- Capable of identifying and resolving technical issues, coordinating, providing technical direction, and reviewing the work of other engineers.
- Requires a broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular discipline.
The duties for a PRA Manager include supervising and performing probabilistic risk analysis (PRA) for operating nuclear power plants, including initiating event analysis, fault tree analysis, event tree analysis, human reliability analysis, data reliability analysis, fire risk assessment, population exposure risk assessment, worker exposure risk assessment, and computer modeling. The PRA analysis would include Level 1 (CDF), Level 2 (releases), and Level 3 (population and economic impacts) evaluations, cost/risk benefit evaluation, safety significance analysis, integrated safety assessment, hazard/risk analysis, and FMEA. The PRA Manager would supervise work to develop licensing documents relating to PRA results including FSAR Chapter 19. Other duties of the PRA Manager are to provide training for engineers on performing all relevant PRA analyses and to maintain PRA software tools for performing computer risk modeling.
- Must have at least thirty years of PRA and nuclear/radiological engineering experience in nuclear power plant design and/or operation.
- Must have Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Radiological Engineering or Health Physics (or equivalent).
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Fortran, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other modeling computer languages.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be capable of passing nuclear security screening requirements and have the ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power plant.
Basic Qualifications for Grade 29 (candidate must meet all of the above listed basic qualifications for Grade 28 in addition to the following):
- Must have at least thirty-five years experience as a PRA engineer, performing the job duties and responsibilities as described above.
- Must have a Master of Science (MS) degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, or Radiological Engineering (or equivalent).
- Must have authored a professional society journal and/or presented a paper at a professional society organization meeting.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
FOR ADMIN USE ONLY: CB1
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 2 years ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...