DANCING RABBIT GOLF CLUB (DR)
Club House Restaurant (DR)
***TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT - EMPLOYMENT WILL END ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 31, 2014***
- Prepare orders according to standard recipes in proper, professional, and timely manner. Ensure that the best possible quality of product is provided in a proper sanitary and professional manner.
- Follow all preparation steps according to the Chef’s specifications and/or the quality-standardized recipes.
- Inspect all culinary equipment before and after use. Make sure that the cleanliness and the working condition is maintained for each piece of equipment.
- Understand and adhere to the proper storage of all food products, especially that of either hot or cold meats, seafood and other high protein items.
- Maintain the proper inventory of the work stations. Assist in controlling un-necessary waste by monitoring proper rotation, storage and over production of the items and products.
- Maintain the proper cleanliness of the assigned workstations, the kitchen areas and all associated walk-in coolers and/or freezers.
- Review the prep list and the daily pars and bring the items back to par as necessary. Place the order for additional stock for their specific list and assure that all food items in stock are dated and up to the Resort’s standards.
- Work and communicate with the other Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Food Servers and other culinary staff as necessary. Assist in performing any required tasks as requested.
- Assist in providing “a break” to other associates that are working the line, as necessary. Follow applicable instructions or assignments as requested.
- Inform the Supervisor of any problems or issues encountered during their assigned shift.
- Attempt to provide a “passion for the guest experience” throughout the shift by ensuring that all guests have a “taste of the win” through the pleasurable experiences and enjoyable foods provided by the assigned kitchen.
- Follow all departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Must bea minimum of
eighteen (18) years of age.
- A high school diploma, a General Education Development (GED) certificate or its equivalent is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) months of previous experience in food operations/preparation is preferred.
- If the previous food operations/preparation experience is not at a level of a Prep Cook position or higher, then the candidate must successfully complete the applicable Pearl River Resort on-the-job training program for the Prep Cook position or have completed similar type training through another recognized culinary training program.
- Must be able to read at a level required to follow/produce a recipe. Demonstration of such skills will be required during the interview process.
- Must be able to perform basic math and use it to convert measurements used in common recipes. Demonstration of such skills will also be required during the interview process.
- Must be able to adequately communicate with their assigned leaders and supervisors.
- Must be able and willing to follow simple instructions, both written and verbal, and follow all departmental policies and procedures required to perform their job with professionalism.
- Must be Serv-Safe certified or become certified within thirty (30) days of employment at Pearl River Resort.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift, weekends or holidays, if needed.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to walk or stand at least 90% of their assigned shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly stoop, kneel, climb and/or bend during their assigned shift.
- Must be able to read, interpret and understand complex recipes.
- Must be able to be exposed to slippery floors.
- Exposed to hazardous cleaning type chemicals.