Under general direction of a lead worker or supervision by departmental administrator performs highly skilled preventive maintenance work (e.g. motor analysis & repair; equipment and specialty equipment trouble-shooting, lubrication & repair; air & water balancing). Provides work direction, training & mentoring of lower-level technicians and/or other trades workers performing craft duties. Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, & periodically inspections operation of equipment.
- Adheres to all OSHA and/or Ohio University required safety guidelines
- Provides work direction, training and mentoring or lower-level technicians in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Lubricates equipment and replaces bearings
- Repairs specialty equipment- exercies equipment, lab equipment, kitchen equipment
- Performs air and water balancing
- Performs predictive maintenance-vibration analysis, noise analysis, oil analysis, and motor current analysis.
- Replaces filters and belts
- Completes necessary documentation. Uses computerized maintenance management system ( CMMS ).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 48 months skilled experience in preventive maintenance, or equivalent;
- Successful completion of pertinent written & practical test may be required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Journey-level working knowledge of preventive maintenance.
- Ability to read & write common vocabulary in sentence structure
- Abililty to add, subtract, multiply & divide whole numbers, calculate fractions, decimals & percentages;
- Ability to apply principles to solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of all applicable OSHA and/or Ohio University safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions in written, oral, blueprints, schematics, diagrams and pictorial form, understand manuals & verbal instructions technical in nature.
- Abilitly to work independently or with others.
- Demonstrated willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to demonstrate dexterity and skill in use of craft-associated hand &/or power tools & equipment.
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to dirt, grease, odors, cramped conditions, extreme hot or cold temperatures, heights, and electrical hazards
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery
- May be exposed to confined spaces.
- Must have an established pattern of good work habits and performance with good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of employee mentoring*, training* and development*, inventory control*.
- Skill in using a computer and related programs for a Computer maintenance Management System*.
- May be developed after Employment
Ohio University - 21 months ago