The Therapist provides individual, group and family therapy. Provides pscyhoeducational group activities for consumers and family members as appropriate. |
Michael's House is an intimate, tranquil, hacienda-style retreat that provides a beautiful, comfortable, and safe environment for recovery. The peaceful foothills of Mount San Jacinto, in Palm Springs, California, provide an ideal location for clients seeking a private, drug and alcohol rehab environment where they may build a foundation of recovery in an atmosphere of complete safety and confidentiality. The Residential Retreat Program offers men and women, age 18 and over, an integrated in-patient treatment program serving persons with co-occurring conditions as well as drug and alcohol rehab.
- Provides Clinical Assessments and treatments plans for assigned clients including:
- Ensures orientation of new clients upon admission.
- Obtains history and presenting information as delineated in program policy.
- Collaboratively develops and updates an individualized treatment plan with the individual that includes targeted discharge date and plan.
- Defines all relevant community sources affecting care and treatment of the consumer (e.g. attorney, family, case manager, etc..) and develops and follows contact plans and conjoint therapy plans.
- Updates referring sources on consumer progress, if/as approved by the individual in services.
- Utilizes agency endorsed client-centered therapeutic interventions and rapport-building practices, including motivational interviewing techniques, to non-confrontationally enhance consumer insight regarding diagnostic and usage patterns.
- Documents treatment episodes, contacts, treatment plans and sessions according to periodicity and content requirements.
- Maintains appointed continuous caseload of actively engaged individuals.
- Responds to crisis as needed.
- Coordinates comprehensive discharge plan to ensure seamless community reintegration.
- Performs responsibilities according to clinical and timeliness guidelines, and assimilates and applies performance feedback as directed by management personnel.
- Meets quality expectations of accuracy, completeness, and is responsive to feedback.
- Meets quantity expectations of volume consistent with peers and relative to time in position.
- Meets timeliness expectations of completing work as scheduled, demonstrating self-paced performance and adjusting priorities as needed.
- Professionally and ethically relates to consumers and peers at all times.
- Participates in weekly staff and clinical meetings.
- Participates in training and meets agency and licensure expectations related to training.
- Cross-trains and supports other divisions as needed or requested by supervisor.
- Self directed to provide support to colleagues as workflow allows.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, mental illness, and related issues;
- Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies and outcomes of models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention, and continuing care for dually diagnosed populations;
- Understanding of diagnostic criteria for dual conditions and ability to conceptualize modalities and placement criteria within the continuum of care;
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
- Good organizational skills; ability to prioritize workload and work independently.
- Must comply with drug-free workplace guidelines
- Must possess current license, LCSW or LMFT or be license eligible
- Minimum three to five years direct service experience in an inpatient or outpatient addiction and mental health treatment setting.
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago