Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a Principal Process Safety Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
This position is intended for an engineer with 8-10 years of foundational experience in functions such as process engineering, process systems, process technology, plant process engineering or process safety, and who is either interested to add process safety as part of his/her cross-functional experience, or would like to build his/her process safety experience for a future role in the Global Process Safety Team (North America). The Team works across all market facing units to ensure that our facilities, located throughout the world, operate safely and reliably.
This position will lead or assist on a variety of high priority safety projects with the potential to significantly influence corporate decision making. The process safety support activities that the incumbent could be involved in include:
The safety engineer will be exposed to many different operations, several different technologies and the diverse workforce that makes up Air Products. This position will provide the incumbent with exposure and networking opportunities with Senior Technology, Engineering, Operations, and Commercial Teams. The incumbent will go through appropriate Process Safety training to effectively execute these responsibilities. Since the position will provide support on a global basis, domestic and international travel is required.
- Performing hazard reviews (project specific, generic, or operating plant)
- Participating in ORIs (as requested)
- Performing qualitative calculations and consequence analysis (project specific or generic)
- Coordinating in-plant and third-party Quantitative Risk Analysis (QRA)
- Performing equipment / facility design and siting reviews
- Participating in Safety Vulnerability Analysis (SVA) as required
- Supporting global functional improvement program (training, tools, work process, process safety standards)
Air Products (NYSE: APD) serves customers in industrial, energy, technology and healthcare markets worldwide with a unique portfolio of atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, and equipment and services. Founded in 1940, Air Products has built leading positions in key growth markets such as semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, home healthcare services, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. The company is recognized for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had revenues of $10.1 billion, operations in over 40 countries, and 18,900 employees around the globe. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- BS/MS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (Chemical Engineering is preferred); advanced degree a plus
- 8-10 years of foundational experience in disciplines such as process engineering, process systems, process controls, and/or plant and reliability engineering
- Previous experience in industrial gases or related technologies is required
- Ability to travel (domestic and international)
- Previous process safety experience in related industries is very desirable
- Working knowledge of various industry standards is desirable
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center at www.airproducts.com/careers. Click on the link – Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #10099BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard -
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...