: 9am-6pm Monday-Friday
Under general supervision, the position operates various machines to produce print jobs according to specific instructions as outlined in the request sheet.
Responsible to help maintain the efficient running of the print center by ensuring the print orders are executed according to established timeframes, paper and toners are amply stocked and machines are properly maintained; performs related duties as required.
- Review, prioritize and submit print requests from mainframe/mini/server/desktop according to complexity and urgency. Ensure that the output are quality checked and accurately meet the instructions as submitted.
- Deliver print jobs within established timeframes. Maintain logs of all work submitted and completed using a date-time stamper) including service logs. Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges.
- Responsible for minor maintenance of reproduction equipment by solving paper jams, placing service calls and conduct routine cleaning.
- Monitor inventory of print supplies, stock paper and toners for printers.
- Inform clients of estimated completion time, when unclear of instructions, when there is a delay in service or when a specific service cannot be provided. Work with client to resolve complaint to client’s satisfaction.
- Help to open and close the print center. Assist in keeping the center neat and professional looking. Fill in for Print Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Where high speed, high volume digital publishing printers are used, using printer software, make adjustments to image quality, create folders and directories for print on demand orders. There may be special request by client for specialized type of printing e.g. large paper printing, poster copying, manual/handbook sized printing.
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
- May be requested to perform document scanning
- Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of print equipment and software as introduced at the site
- May perform some mailroom responsibilities and other duties as directed by supervisor/manager
- Extensive knowledge of low to high volume, high speed duplicating equipment
- Proficiency is reproduction binding and presentation methods
- Working knowledge of scanning and imaging processes preferred
- 2-5 years working in a print center environment
- Previous experience in a professional or office environment
- Proficiency in the use of reproduction related systems and equipment including: fax, scanner, puncher, inserter, folder, staplers, paper cutters, binders, velo-binder, stitcher and collater, counter
- Physical activity required including frequent bending, reaching, lifting and standing in stacking print output into boxes or containers.
- May lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- HIgh School Degree or equivalent work experience
Canon Business Process Services
- 2 years ago - save job